POLICY GUIDELINES ON SAFETY & OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
We in Svamitva respect human lives and values, and life safety is given top most priority in all our acts. We are committed not to compromise on any aspect regarding occupational health and life safety. Svamitva adopts the most advanced concepts on safety management systems to ensure:
AN ACCIDENT FREE SITE BY:
- Implementing “safe and best practices” within the industry on the basis of a written manual that forms a mandatory part of all contracts.
- Strictly adhering to the safety norms ensuring safety of men, materials and equipment during project execution.
- Displaying luminous signage on safety in and around the site.
- Deployment of safety officer to ensure adherence to safe practices.
- Continuously training the workforce on site on safety.
- Ensuring the availability of all first-aid facility required in case of an emergency.
- Ensuring the full time services of qualified medical attendant on site along with a tie-up with the nearest hospital.
- Restricting the movement of people within the work site through ID cards and area specific permits.
A SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS SITE BY:
- Strictly prohibiting any form of child labour on site.
- Preventing the access to children to the work site.
- Maintaining clean, hygienic and healthy site by proper housekeeping, collection, segregation and disposal of wastes.
- Securing Contractor’s compliance with applicable labour laws and statutory employee benefits.
- Ensuring no women workers on site between 6 pm till next morning 9 am.
AN EXTREMELY PRODUCTIVE WORK SITE BY:
- Conducting Mock-drills to train & educate workmen on handling emergencies and fire fighting activities.
- Employing only qualified and trained workmen to ensure right things are done by the right people.
- Contracting companies with relevant track record.
- Ensuring quick decision making systems.
- Implementing well documented policies and procedures.
- Maintaining effective communication channels across the work force.